经典表述
Could you show the Library Card?
能出示一下借书卡吗?
You can come in and renew them unless someone else has reserved them.
你可以来续借,除非已经有人预借了。
Human Resource Management is available in section 3.
《人力资源管理》在3区。
情景对话
Dialogue One
A:Good morning,May I help you?
早上好,我可以帮你吗?
B:Yes,I would like to borrow books and make copies of these articles.
是的,我想借一些书和复印这些文章。
A:Could you show the Library Card?
能出示一下借书卡吗?
B:Library Card?Excuse me,I don’t have it.Can’t students borrow books with the card?
借书卡?抱歉,我没有。学生需要这张卡才能借书吗?
A:In the end of last semester,we installed a new computer system here to improve the service,and the school also issued library cards that can record loans and returns of students.I suppose you are a new student.Didn’t your teacher tell you that at orientation?
上学期末,我们这儿安装了一套新的电脑系统来改善服务,学校也发了能记录学生借、还书的借书卡。我想你是一名新生。难道你的老师在新生介绍会上没告诉你吗?
B:I didn’t attend orientation because I was sick that day.
我因病没能参加介绍会。
A:It doesn’t matter.I can issue one for you now.May I know your name and major?
没关系。我现在可以发一张给你。我能知道你的姓名和专业吗?
B:Certainly,I am Freda White majoring in Computer Application.
当然。我叫弗莱德·怀特,专业是计算机应用。
A:Oh,yes,your information has been input into the computer.Wait for a moment please.Your library card will be done in a few seconds.
好的,你的信息已输入电脑。借书证很快就做好了。
B:Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
A:That’s all right.Here is the card and the instruction that goes with it.Moreover,students have access to facilities including email,internet and student car parking with this card expect for a library open until 10pm.
不用谢。这是借书卡和配套的指导手册。此外,学生用这张卡除了有权使用开放到晚上10点的图书馆外,还包括电子邮件,因特网和学生停车场。
B:Wow,so I shall keep it very carefully.Can I borrow books now?
哇,那我要仔细的保存它。我现在可以借书吗?
A:Yes,please.
是的,请吧。
Dialogue Two
A:Excuse me.How long can I keep these books for?
打扰了。这些书我能保留多久呢?
B:Our normal loan period is three weeks.If you cannot finish reading by then,you can renew them for another three weeks.
我们正常的借书期限是3周。如果你没能读完,可以续借3周。
A:Can I make a call to renew books?
我可以打电话续借吗?
provided+that引导的条件从句或目的从句,根据情况,可用虚拟语气(有时也可用陈述语气)。
B:Sorry,you have to come here in person to renew by bringing them in for stamping,provided no one else reserves them.
抱歉,你得亲自到这儿把它们带来敲章办理续借,倘若别人没预定这些书的话。
A:Do you mean that I can’t renew them if others already reserve them?
你的意思是如果别人预定这些书的话,我就不能续借了?
B:You are right.
对的。
A:Oh,I know.How many books can I borrow at a time?
噢,我明白了。我一次可以借多少本呢?
B:Five to undergraduates,and ten to graduates.
本科生5本,研究生10本。
human resource“人力资源”这个词组近年来早已为人所知,其实还有一个单词personnel意为人事的,在英国的使用率较广。
A:Fine,thank you.Can you help me find these books?The library is so big that I would probably spend a few hours looking for them.
好的,谢谢.你能帮我找这些书吗?这个图书馆太大了,我可能要花很长时间才能找到它们。
B:No problem.You tell me the books you need,and then I’ll tell you whether they are available or not,alright?
没问题。告诉我你要的书,然后我会告诉你是否能借到,好吗?
A:Yes,thanks.The first one is called Human Resource Management,published in 2001.
好的。第一本是《人力资源管理》,是2001年出版的。
B:Hmm,it’s available in section 3.
嗯,它在3区。
A:Good.The next one is rather new,published three months ago.That’s Industrial Relations.
好。下一本是三个月前出版的,还相当新。是《劳资关系》。
B:I am afraid it’s out on loan presently.
恐怕现在它已被借出。
A:When was this book checked out?
何时借出的呢?
reserve作动词时,意为储备,保存,保留,预定等。作名词意为储备(物),保存(物),(矿产等)储藏量,保留和沉默寡言等。例:The gold reserve of the country is uncountable.这个国家的黄金储备难以计算。He spoke with reserve in the meeting.他在会议上的讲话很谨慎。
B:Two weeks ago.I will reserve it for you once it’s returned.
两周前,它一还回来我就帮你预定。
A:Great,there is only one left.Business Policy by Cambridge in1999.
太棒了,还有最后一本。剑桥1999年版的《商业政策》。
B:You are lucky.It was returned this morning and no one else reserves it.
你真幸运。这本书今早刚还回来,而且没人预定它。
A:It works again to keep my fingers crossed.
我的祈祷又奏效了。
Dialogue Three
A:Hi,Sophie,here is a seat.
喂,索菲,这儿有座。
B:Hi,Jones.I should have come the library earlier.It’s too crowed now.
嘿,琼斯。我应该早点来图书馆。现在太拥挤了。
A:The air-conditioning in the dormitory is out of order today.That’s why there are so many students here.Most of them would still sleep in on ordinary days.
宿舍的空调失灵了,所以这儿才会有这么多的学生。平日里他们中的多数还在睡觉呢。
B:Everything I needed has already been checked out.
我所要的都已经被借掉了。
A:Don’t be upset.You can share reference books with me.Besides,I have downloaded some latest information.
别心烦。你可以和我共享参考书。另外,我还下载了一些最新的资料。
B:That’s great.To be frank,I feel bashful because you always help me.
太棒了。说实话,因为你总帮我,我都觉得不好意思了。
A:What are you talking about?Without your money,I wouldn’t have paid late fines until now.Since we are good friends,we should help each other.
你在说什么呀。要不是你的钱,我到现在都付不了逾期罚款。既然是朋友,我们应该彼此帮助啊。
B:Absolutely.
完全正确。
1.issue发行,流出
2.application请求,申请,申请表
3.input输入
4.parking停车
5.renew使更新,使恢复,重申
6.publish出版,发行
7.bashful害羞的