经典表述
If they continue being so clamorous by 9∶30 in the dorm,I will definitely complain to the dorm superintendent.
如果直到9点半时他们还继续这样大声嚷嚷,我一定会到管理员那儿去投诉的。
You have to pay weekly,and I’d like a deposit of one month’s rent.
你得按周付,而且我要一个月的房租作为押金。
情景对话
Dialogue One
A:How can those people make such a big noise?
那些人怎么发出这么大的噪声?
B:They are celebrating the victory in the football match.David kicked a goal in the last minute.
他们正在庆祝下午足球比赛的胜利。大卫在最后一分钟进了个球。
A:It’worth holding a party,but they should have considerd other students.I have to finish this assignment tonight.
那是值得好好庆祝,但他们也得考虑别人啊。我今晚得完成这篇论文。
B:Why don’t you go to the library?
为什么不去图书馆呢?
A:The air-conditioning in the library is not sufficient enough.It’s impossible to concentrate on the work when I sweat a lot.
图书馆的空调不足。当我出很多汗时根本不可能专心做作业。
B:What if they stay up a whole night?
如果他们一整晚不睡呢?
A:If they continue being so clamorous and don’t stop by 9∶30,I will definitely complain to the dorm superintendent.
如果他们继续这样大声叫嚷,并且不在9点半结束的话,我一定会到管理员那儿去投诉的。
wet blanket除了指湿毯子之外,还用来特指令人扫兴的人或事情。
B:Don’t be a wet blanket.You will entertain some friends here sometimes.
别扫别人的兴。有时,你也会在这儿招待一些朋友的。
A:I swear we’ve never bothered anyone else.
我发誓我们可从来没打扰过别人。
B:Here is my MP3.You can put earphones on while doing the assignment.
这是我的MP3,写作业时你可以把耳机戴上。
A:Good idea.You are really thoughtful!
好主意。你真是体贴啊!
B:We need to take other people’s feeling into consideration.
我们需要考虑一下别人的感受。
A:Maybe I am very selfish.
也许我很自私。
B:Stop talking silly words.Once the assignment is finished,you will be yourself.
别说傻话了。作业完成时,你就好了。
Dialogue Two
A:Hello,Lucy.What are you doing writing down all these telephone numbers?
露西,你记这么多号码干什么?
B:Oh,it’s you.I’m trying to find an apartment through these property companies.
是你啊。我想通过物业公司找一处公寓。
A:What’s wrong with the place you are living now?
你现在住的地方有什么不妥吗?
B:The rooms are too small and there’s no storage space.
房间太小而且没有储物间。
A:Why don’t you go to the school accommodation office?
为什么你不去找学校的住宿办公室呢?
B:I tried,but the service is not satisfactory.You know,they have to take care of so many students.
我试过,但那儿的服务不太令人满意。你知道他们得管那么多学生。
A:Do you want to share with friends or do you want an apartment on your own?
你想和朋友一起租还是自己租呢?
B:I’d like to share with two of my classmates.
我想和两个同班同学一起租。
A:Well,I know there is an empty condo on Riverside Road.I don’t know whether it meets your requirement though.
我知道在河畔路有一处空房。我不知道它是否符合你们的要求。
B:Riverside Road.Is the road close the Central Park?
河畔路,是不是靠近中央公园的那条路?
A:That’s it.
正是。
B:It would be a marvelous place if it has got 3 bedrooms.
如果有三间卧室,那会是个很棒的地方。
A:Mm,it’s got two bedrooms and a sitting-room.I suppose one of you could sleep in the sitting-room.
它有两间卧室和一间起居室,我想你们中的一个可以睡在起居室。
B:Oh,I need to discuss with my friend.How much is the rent?
我得和朋友们商量一下。租金是多少?
A:Sorry,I don’t know.You’d better phone the landlady to make everything clear.I hope it’s what you want.
抱歉,我不知道。你最好打电话给房东弄清楚。希望它是你想要的。
B:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Dialogue Three
A:Good afternoon.I am Li Lei coming to see the apartment.
下午好,我是李雷,来看房子的。
B:Good afternoon,I am Roger.Is it convenient for you to come here from the school?
下午好,我是罗杰。从学校到这儿来方便吗?
A:Vert convenient.I took the No.5 bus as you told me.It only takes 20minutes from school to your place.
挺方便的。按你告诉我的,乘5路车。从学校到你这儿只花了20分钟。
B:The traffic in the surrounding is heavier after 5 pm,but you can take subway in that period of time.Well,let’s look around in the house.There are another 3 people living here:all of them are the students in the University of London.
下午5点后周边交通会堵一点,不过那段时间你可以乘地铁。再四处看看吧。房子里还住有其他3个人:他们都是伦敦大学的学生。
A:Can I cook in the kitchen?
我能在厨房烧东西吗?
B:Yes,you can use the kitchen,but frying cuisine is not permitted.Here is the room to lease,a single room equipped with the internet.It’s very neat and full of sunshine.
可以,你可以用厨房,不过不允许煎炸。这就是那间要出租的房间,配有因特网的单人房。非常干净而且阳光充足。
A:Oh,is there a bathroom on the second floor?
二楼有没有浴室?
B:Yes,but you have to share with the person living opposite your room.
有,但你得和住在你对门的共享。
A:Uhuh.Do you provide any meal?
噢,你提供伙食吗?
B:No,no meals.Those students take turns to cook for themselves.
不提供。那些学生轮流烧给大家吃。
A:Okay,do you want the rent weekly or monthly?
那你想要按月还是按周付房租呢?
B:You have to pay weekly,and I’d like a deposit of one month’s rent.
你得按周付,而且我要一个月的房租作为押金。
A:No problem.Are there any particular rules that I have to abide by?
行。有没有我必须得遵守的特殊规定?
B:Well,you have to inform me in advance if you want put some friends up.
如果你想留朋友住宿得事先通知我。
A:I see.Can I phone you at 5 o’clock this evening telling you my final decision?
我知道了。我能否在今晚5点打电话告诉你我的最终决定?
B:Fine.
好。
1.celebrate庆祝,祝贺,表扬
2.clamorous 大喊大叫的
3.superintendent主管,负责人,指挥者
4.thoughtful深思的,有思想性的,关切的
5.consideration 体谅,需要考虑的事项
6.property财产,所有物,所有权,性质
7.storage 贮藏(量),贮藏库,存储
8.satisfactory满意的,赎罪的
9.utilit效用,有用
10.landlady女房东,女地主,老板娘
11.subway 地道,地铁
12.cuisine厨房烹调法,烹饪
13.opposite相对的,对面的,相反的
14.particular特殊的,独特的,精确的