登陆注册
16071300000002

第2章 办公室日常事务

Daily Office Routine办公室日常事务

The office plays an important role in public relations,for not only should it handle with the daily affairs,but also it is responsible for the outer communication,jobwanting and other relations.

Just because of this role it plays,the daily public relations in office become very important.For a big scope,it affects the success of a company.

办公室在公共关系中扮演着非常重要的角色,它不但负责处理日常事务,还要负责对外接待、招聘和一些其他公关事务。

正因为如此,办公室日常公关就显得尤为重要。从很大程度上讲,它关系到公司成功与否。

Reception接待来宾

Can I/ May I... 我能……

Good morning.Can I help you?

早上好! 我可以为您效劳吗?

Can I be of any assistance?

能替您效劳吗?

Can I ask what you wish to see him about?

请问您找他有什么事?

Can I help you?

我能帮您做点什么?/您有事吗?

May I tell him what you wish to see him about?

请问您找他有什么事?

Is this... 这是……

Is this Modern Office Ltd?

这是现代办公用品公司吗?

Is this Mr.Brown s office?

这是布朗先生的办公室吗?

be from 来自

I m from the Global Trading Company.

我是全球贸易公司的。

What company are you from?

请问您是哪家公司的?

sit down/have a seat 坐

Please sit down.

您请坐。

Would you please have a seat await for a moment.

请您坐下等一会好吗?

I ll... 我将要……

I ll tell the manager s secretary you are here.

我这就通知经理的秘书,说您已经来了。

I ll come and fetch him now.

我现在就去找他。

I ll take you to his office.

我带您去他的办公室。

I ll tell Mr.Brown you are here.

我会告诉布朗先生您在这儿。

I ll see if he is available.

我看看他有没有空。

I ll take just a few minutes of his time.

我只占用他几分钟的时间。

ask the way 问路

Please come this way.

请这边走。

Excuse me,can you tell me the way to the conference room?

对不起,您能告诉我去会议室怎么走吗?

have/make/arrange an appointment 约会

I have an appointment with Mr.Jackson at 10∶30.

我与杰克逊先生约好10时30分见面。

I have another appointment at ten.

我在10点还有另外一个约会。

But I can t make an appointment for you unless you state your business.

除非您说明事由,否则我无法给您预订。

If you don t care to wait,I can arrange an appointment for you later today.

如果您愿意等,我可以在今天晚些时候给您安排个约会。

Do you have an appointment?

您有约会吗?

Could you make an appointment on some other day?

您预约另一天好吗?

Are you... 您是……

Are you Mr Wilson of International Trade Corporation?

您是国际贸易公司的威尔逊先生吗?

Excuse me,are you Mr.Johnson from Beijing?

请问您是北京来的约翰逊先生吗?

Would you... 您……

Would you like to have a seat over there?

请您在那边的位置上坐一下好吗?

Would you mind waiting?

您不介意等一下吧?

Would you please take a seat?

请坐。

Would you please go up to his office?

请您去他的办公室好吗?

Would you please tell me what you wish to see him about?

能告诉我,您找他有什么事吗?

Would you like a cup of coffee?

要杯咖啡吗?

Is it possible... 可能……

Is it possible for him to see me now?

他现在可以见我吗?

Is it possible for us to have a talk?

我们现在谈一下行吗?

Is it possible for me to get the position of junior secretary?

我有可能得到初级秘书的职位吗?

delay 耽搁

I was delayed by the traffic jam.

交通堵塞耽搁了时间。

No delays or problems.

既没有延误也没有其他问题。

expect/wait for 等待

Mr.Smith is expecting you.

史密斯先生正在等您。

Our manager is waiting for you in his office.

我们经理正在他的办公室等您。

We ve been expecting you.

我们一直在等您。

Would you please have a seat and wait for a moment?

请您坐着等一会儿好吗?

Could you wait for a while?

您能等一会儿吗?

Will I have to wait long?

我会等很久吗?

call...in 让……进来

Please call Mr.White in. I can see him now.

请叫怀特先生进来,我现在可以见他。

Mr.Huang calls me in to talk about the personnel management.

黄先生让我进去讨论人事管理的事情。

be free/available 有空儿

At the moment Mr.Black is free and can see you.

布莱克先生此时有空,可以见你。

Let me see if he is available.

我看看他是否方便。

When will he be free?

他什么时候有空?

Mr.Wilson will be free at about half past twelve.Can you wait?

威尔逊先生大约在12∶30有空,您能等吗?

Just a moment,please.I ll phone his secretary to see if he is free.

请稍等,我给他的秘书打个电话看他有没有空。

be honored that 有幸

We re all honored that you could come to our company,Mr.Ford.

福特先生,您能来我们公司我们感到很荣幸。

I m honored that I have the chance to interview Dr.Li.

有机会采访李博士,我感到很荣幸。

have to 不得不

I have to refer to my appointment book.

我必须先查查我的记录簿。

I have to ask my boss.

我必须问上司。

get the information 得到信息

I m told to get the information from every caller.

我奉命询问每位访客的来意。

I want to get the information of your company.

我想得到有关您公司的信息。

get in touch with 与……联系

Get in touch with you in the future.

今后与您联络。

Thank you.Get in touch with each other.

谢谢您,保持联系!

take...to... 带……去……

Please let me take you to the Manager s office.

我带您去经理的办公室吧。

If you don t mind,I ll take you there myself.

如果您不介意的话,我亲自带您去。

on behalf of 代表

On behalf of our manager I welcome you to our company.

我代表我们经理,欢迎您来我们公司。

Hello,I m Lei Min.I ll talk with you on behalf of our manager.

你好,我是雷敏,我将代表我们经理与您会谈。

leave sb./sth. 留下某人或某物

I thought they were going to leave me here on my own!

我以为他们准备把我一个人留在这里了。

Please leave me a brief message of your business.

请大致告诉我您的事。

pronounce one s name 拼读名字

How is your name pronounced...?

您的名字怎么念?

How do you pronounce your name,please?

请问您的名字怎样念?

Can I pronounce your last name by Smith?

我能叫您史密斯吗?

look forward to 盼望

We have been looking forward to meeting you.

我们一直盼望着见到您。

I m looking forward to hearing from you.

盼望得到您的回信。

I m looking forward to visiting your company.

我一直盼望访问贵公司。

be occupied/busy 占用,忙于

My boss is occupied at the moment.

我的上司现在很忙。

I know he is busy at the moment but I ll ask his secretary when he ll be free.

我知道他现在很忙,但是我可以问问他的秘书看他什么时候有空。

in conference 开会

I m sorry.He is in conference now.

很抱歉,他正在开会。

I ll be in conference then,so we have to change time of meeting.

那时我将在开会,所以我们不得不改变会面的时间了。

a full day 整天

I m sorry,but my boss has a full day tomorrow.

很抱歉,我上司明天的时间已经排满了。

I m busy a full day.

我忙了一整天了。

insist in 坚持

He insists in seeing you.

他坚持要见您。

Mr.Wang insists in changing the rules of management.

王先生坚持要修改管理条例。

how about... 怎么样……

How about a cup of Longjing tea?

喝杯龙井茶怎样?

How about going to your company by bus?

乘公共汽车去你们公司怎么样?

come back 回来

I m afraid,I have to tell you to come back again.

恐怕您只能下次再来了。

I ll come back when the boss has time.

老板有空时我再来。

A:Good morning.

早上好!

B:Oh,good morning.Mr.Li.How are you?

早上好李先生,您好吗?

A:I m fine.Thanks,and you?

我很好,谢谢,你呢?

B:Oh,busy as usual.Do you want to see Mr.Wilson?

还是那么忙。您是要见威尔逊先生吗?

A:Yes,please.

是的。

B:Do you have an appointment?

您提前预约了吗?

A:Er...No,I haven t.You see,I only arrived back in the country this morning.

嗯,没有。你看,我今天早上刚刚回国。

B:Well,I know he s busy at the moment but I ll ask his secretary when he ll be free.Please sit down.

我知道威尔逊先生现在很忙,但是我可以问问他的秘书看他什么时候有空。请坐下,等一会儿。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

C:Mr.Wilson s office.

这是威尔逊先生办公室。

B:Oh,hello,Susan.It s receptionist.I have a Mr.Li here.He hasn t an appointment but he d like to see Mr.Wilson.When will he be free?

你好,苏珊。我是接待员。李先生在我这,他想见威尔逊先生,但没有提前预约,我想问一下威尔逊先生什么时候有空?

C:Let me see...Well,he ll be free about 12∶30.Can Mr.Li wait?

让我看看,嗯,他大约12∶30有空。李先生可以等吗?

B:(to Mr.Li)Mr.Wilson will be free about half past twelve.Can you wait?

(对李先生说)威尔逊先生大约在12∶30有空,你能等他吗?

A:What s the time now?

现在几点钟?

B:It s nearly 12∶00.

快12点了。

A:Oh that s fine.I ll wait.

好的,我等他。

B:(to Susan) Susan,Mr.Li will wait.

(对苏珊说) 苏珊,李先生决定等威尔逊先生。

C:Right.I ll fetch him when Mr.Wilson s free.

那好吧,威尔逊先生有空的时候,我去接他。

B:Thanks.(to Mr.Li) She ll come and fetch you later.Would you like something to drink,Mr.Li? Do you prefer tea or coffee?

谢谢! (对李先生) 她一会儿来接你。请问您想喝点什么,茶还是咖啡?

A:Thank you.Coffee,please.

咖啡,谢谢。

B:Here you are,Mr.Li.This is the cream and this is the sugar.If there s anything else you d like,please don t hesitate to tell me.

给您,李先生。这是奶和糖。如果还需要什么,请别客气。

A:Thank you so much.

非常感谢!

Office Work办公室工作

type the document 打文件

Can you type,Miss Lei?

雷小姐,你会打字吗?

Miss Wang,please type the document for me.

王小姐,请把这份文件打出来。

It is a business letter, so please type it on the company stationery.

这是一封商业信函,因此请把它打在公司信笺上。

about company s document 文件

I can t find the document I was working on yesterday.

我找不到昨天做的那个文件了。

Miss Lei,please search the document No.1.

雷小姐,请找出那份一号文件。

Johnson,please find out the document on last meeting and give it to Mr.Zhang.

约翰逊,请找出上次会议的那份文件,并把它给张先生。

using a software 使用软件

Have you got the system booted up?

系统启动了吗?

Type WIN to bring up the main menu.

敲 WIN 调出主菜单。

Mr.Johnson,I wonder if you can show me how to use the Chinese word processor?

约翰逊先生,您能告诉我如何使用中文文字处理系统吗?

That s the word processor we ll be using.

这就是我们要使用的文字处理器。

Please help me download a software.

请帮我下载一个软件吧。

With this software,you can do all of your design on the computer.

有了这个软件你可以在电脑上做你所有的设计。

printing problems 打印问题

I thought all I had to do was push this button here to print.

我以为按这个按钮就能打印了。

You have to tell the computer which printer you want to use.

你得给计算机指令你想用哪台打印机。

asking for information 询问信息

I need to know something about the personnel.

我需要知道一些有关人事的情况。

I think I need to know some figures or data on novels.

我想我需要知道一些关于小说的数据。

When would you like me to send those material to your company?

你要我什么时候把那些资料送到你公司?

Excuse me,sir?I just need a little bit more information. Could you tell me your exact telephone number and mailing address?

对不起,先生,我需要多了解一点情况,能告诉我您确切的电话号码与通讯地址吗?

file the documents 存档

Please keep these documents on file.

请把这些文件存档。

Did you look up those files I requested?

我要的那些档案资料都找到了吗?

Do you want me to file them in alphabetical order?

你要我依照字母顺序归档吗?

Would you like me to file them according to dates?

你要我依日期顺序归档吗?

I ll make copies and file them both ways.

我会复印一份,然后两种方式各归档一份。

I m almost sure that information was filed.

我几乎可以肯定,那份资料已经存档。

All the information on the Brown correspondence is filed under“B”.

所有布朗往来信件的资料都归在“B”字母下。

Do you still remember how our file system work?

您还记得我们的归档系统是如何运作的吗?

You said we would have to issue a list of instructions to all the staff on file routine.

您说我们得向全体职工下达一份立卷须知。

All files are arranged alphabetically.

所有档案都是按字母顺序排列的。

There is a memo 有便条

Miss Lei,is there any memo for me during my absence?

雷小姐,我不在期间有我的便条吗?

There is a memo on your desk.

您桌上有张便条。

about copy paper 关于复印纸

Shall I order some copy paper?

要我订购些复印纸吗?

Can I use copy paper on your desk?

我能用您桌上的复印纸吗?

arranging business trips 安排出差

I m leaving for Japan on a business trip tomorrow.It was a sort of sudden assignment.

明天我要去日本出差,临时突然指派的。

I need a flight to London on Sunday evening and a hotel there for three nights.

我需要一张周日晚上去伦敦的机票和一家宾馆,住三个晚上。

How is it going with the travel arrangement,Miss Lei?

雷小姐,外出的安排情况怎么样啦?

How long will you be staying?

您要住多久?

What kind of room would you like?

您喜欢哪种房间?

Are you having any language problems?

您有语言问题吗?

Asking the flight 询问航班

I want to know if there is a flight some time around 3pm.

我想知道下午3点钟左右有没有航班。

I d like to book two tickets for Mr.and Mrs.T.Jones,please.

我想替T·琼斯夫妇订两张票。

Do you want a morning or an afternoon flight?

您要上午的航班还是下午的呢?

It s fully booked at the moment.

现在都订满了。

Address it to Mr.William.

机票上写威廉先生。

When can I come to buy the tickets?

我什么时候可以来购票?

Confirm the book 确认预定

He would like you to reserve a conference room for the period of his stay.

他想在住房期间请你们预留一间会议室。

We should be greatly obliged if you would let us have your current prices

including service charges.

如果您能告诉我们包括服务费的目前的价格,我们不胜感激。

Your early confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

如果您能早日给予预订确认,我们将不胜感激。

Charge it to the account of ABB Company.

将费用记入 ABB 公司的账目。

He ll be leaving on March 10th.

他将于3月10日启程。

Visit some places of interests 游览名胜

Would you please wait for a minute? I am going to buy the tickets.

请等会儿好吗?我去买票。

Here are your tickets.Please keep them.

这是你们的票,请保存好。

This is the famous square.

这就是那个著名的广场。

How long will the sightseeing be?

游览参观要多长时间?

Please meet at 11o clock at the gate.

请于11点钟在大门口集合。

We will leave at 4∶30.

我们在4∶30离开。

put off 推迟

Actually,we just want to put it off until supper time.

事实上,我们只是想推迟到晚饭时间。

The meeting has been put off.

会议推迟了。

The manager asked me to let you know that the meeting planned for this morning has been put off till this afternoon.

经理让我告诉你,原定今天上午召开的会议推迟到今天下午了。

emergency announcement 紧急通知

Something completely unforeseen has arisen.

一件根本预料不到的事情突然发生了。

I m sorry to say a rather pressing matter has come up which demands Mr.Wood s attention.

我很抱歉地告诉你,因发生一个紧急事件要求伍德先生解决。

Please inform all the staff of Marketing Department.

请通知营销部的全体职工。

emergency in the office 办公室里的紧急情况

Could you possibly spare a girl from your department?

你能从你们部抽调一个女秘书过来吗?

Are you sure you haven t seen the missing file?

你肯定没有见到那份失踪的卷宗吗?

The file is marked “confidential”and it has a limited circulation.

这是一份上面标有“机密”并且只限少数人参阅的卷宗。

I m afraid I have to report the loss of an important file.

恐怕我得去汇报丢失重要文件这件事了。

Something much worse has just happened.

还有比这更糟糕的事情刚刚发生了。

training new colleagues 培训新手

Let me tell you the office rules first.

让我先给你讲一下办公室制度。

Our boss makes a point of keeping everything in order.

我们的老板认为一切井然有序是很重要的。

Where are the envelopes and stationery then?

那么信封和文具在哪里?

Now that you know the basics,let me show you some more advanced functions.

既然你已经懂得了这些基本操作程序,我来给你示范一下更高级的功能。

Once you know the commands,it s pretty smooth sailing.

一旦知道了这些命令,做起来就非常顺手了。

I m not very sure how to import a document or how to overlay a picture onto a text?

我不太清楚怎样应用文档,以及如何把一张图片叠加到文本上去。

Miss Lei,you are going to take over my job as secretary here from next Monday on.Now let me tell you the office rules.

雷小姐,从下周一开始,你就代替我成为这里的秘书了。现在我告诉你办公室制度。

buying office equipment 购买办公设备

I ve finally convinced Mr.Smith that we should buy a computer.

我终于说服了史密斯先生同意我们买台电脑。

He wants us to find out the various models that are available and recommend the one we want.

他让我们多找一些型号,然后再决定买哪一种。

You can start right away by phoning Mary and asking her to send up some brochures and pricelists.

你马上打电话给玛丽,让她送一些宣传册和价目表过来。

I m sure you will love what this new automated answering system can do for your business.

我相信您会很欣赏这套最新自动答录系统给贵公司业务带来的好处。

Your satisfaction is guaranteed,or we refund your money.

我们保证用户满意,不然我们就退款。

They equip each machine with various attachments.

他们给每台机器配备了不同的附件。

Tell her that we are going to buy a new duplicator and ask her if she has any brochures.

告诉她我们要买一台新的复印机,看看她有没有宣传册。

buying insurance 投保

What kind of risks do you want covered?

请问您要申请哪一种保险?

I suppose you should have both the permanent and temporary works insured.

我认为你们应该给工程投永久性和临时性的保险。

Incidentally,may I first have the black application forms?

顺便说一下,我可以先拿几张空白投保申请表吗?

What coverage will you take out for the goods I ve ordered?

你们能为我方订购的产品提供什么样的保险金额呢?

organizing a holiday rotation 安排值班

I ve been asked to draw up the holiday rotation this year and,I d like to please everybody,as far as possible.

上司要求我安排出今年的休假日程表,我尽可能让每个人都满意。

Someone has to keep the firm going and there must be always someone on duty who is capable of standing in for the person who is away.

公司需要继续运作,就必须要有人来做休假者的工作。

You should not be away at the same time as Wang Lin because you re the only one who knows how to do Miss Song s work.

你不能和王林同时离开,因为你是唯一一个知道怎样处理宋小姐工作的人。

asking for opinions from colleagues 征求同事的意见

What would you suggest I do for the cover page?

你认为我该用什么样的封面好呢?

If I were you,I would put the production information before the cost so that it sounds justified.

如果我是你的话,我会把生产资料信息摆在成本之前,这样听起来比较合理一些。

Now what about the letter for media contact?

那现在这封媒体联络信该怎么写?

Then put that you will be in charge of coordinating the media for certain events.

然后写上你将为几个活动负责和媒体联络。

It s also good to mention something complimentary about their ability as a

journalist.

顺便对他们作为记者的能力赞美几句也很好。

Then you tell them that you are looking forward to working with them to help

inform the community about our company.

告诉他们你盼望早日与他们合作,通过他们向公众宣传我们公司。

getting along with the colleagues 与同事相处

How are you going to spend your weekend?

你打算怎么过周末呢?

Just don t take him too seriously and you ll be all right.

只要别把他太当回事,你就会没事的。

No matter how I tried to change the subject,he carried on.

无论我怎么努力改变话题,他还是滔滔不绝地说个不停。

The Xerox machine is being serviced,I d like to take this material to the reproduction department.A clerk can do the job either on the duplicator or the photostat machine.

施乐复印机正在维修,我想把这些资料拿到复印部去。复印员可以在复印机或者在直接影印机上复印。

Certainly.On your way,would you deliver these papers as marked? Some are for keypunching and some for tabulating.

可以,另外,请顺路把这些东西按标记送一下。一些卡片要打孔,一些要制表。

If you need me,I ll be in the dataprocessing area.I have some punch cards for input on the computer.I also have to check on a printout that s just been completed.Oh,I almost forget.Would you drop off this material for the offset printing?

如果有事找我,我在数据处理部。我有一些打孔卡要输入计算机,我也要检查一下刚刚打印出的打孔卡是否正确。噢,我差点忘了,请把这些材料拿去胶印,好吗?

Excellent.As soon as you get back,will you please type up that dictation? It s important correspondence.It s going to be a busy day for both of us.

太好了。你一回来,请立即把口述信打出来,好吗?这是很重要的信件,我们俩今天都会很忙。

A:Miss Smith,I have dictated some letters on the Dictaphone.Would you please transcribe them?Also,I have some material here that I d like xeroxed.Ten copies each,please,and have them collated.In addition,here is a list of figures that needs calculating for the budget.The adding machine is broken,so I suggest you use the desk calculator.

史密斯小姐,我在口述录音机上口述了几封信,请你把它们整理出来,好吗? 我这还有一些资料想用施乐复印机复印,每页10份,请把它们分好。此外,这还有一张数字图表,需要算出预算。计算器坏了,因此,我建议你用台式计算器来算。

B:The Xerox machine is being serviced.I d like to take this material to the reproduction department.A clerk can do the job either on the duplicator or the photostat machine.

施乐牌复印机正在维修,我想把这些资料拿到复印部去。复印员可以在复印机或者在直接影印机上复印。

A:Certainly.On your way,would you deliver these papers as marked? Some are for keypunching and some for tabulating.

可以,另外,请顺路把这些东西按标记送一下。一些卡片要打孔,一些要制表。

B:Yes,sir.

好的,先生。

A:If you need me,I ll be in the dataprocessing area.I have some punch cards for input on the computer.I also have to check on a printout that s just been completed.Oh,I almost forget.Would you drop off this material for the offset printing?

如果有事找我,我在数据处理部。我有一些打孔卡要输入计算机,我也要检查一下刚刚打印出的打孔卡是否正确。噢,我差点忘了,请把这些材料拿去胶印,好吗?

B:Of course,sir.

好,先生。

A:Excellent.As soon as you get back,will you please type up that dictation? It s important correspondence.It s going to be a busy day for both of us.

太好了。你一回来,请立即把口述信打出来,好吗?这是很重要的信件,我们俩今天都会很忙。

Sending and Receiving a Fax收发传真

Send a fax 发传真

Have you send the fax to Mr.Li of ABC Company yet?

你已经发传真给 ABC 公司的李先生了吗?

Would you please send this fax together with the contract terms to Mr Wang of BXY Company?

请你将此传真连同合约条款一起发给 BXY 公司的王先生好吗?

Michael s secretary had to sent a fax to Mr Wang fifteen minutes ago and she told me about it.

在15分钟前,米切尔的秘书也要发传真给王先生,是她告诉我的。

I want to send a fax to Sydney.

我想往悉尼发个传真。

In case they want to send us a fax.

以备他们给我们发传真用。

Would you please send this fax together with this contract to Mrs.Green?

请将这份传真连同这份合同一起发给格林太太,好吗?

Lilian,would you please send me the fax again?

莉莲,请你再传一次好吗?

Is this the right place for sending fax service?

请问这里发传真吗?

receive a fax 收传真

Susan,have you received the fax from the Sunshine Company?

苏珊,你有没有收到阳光公司发来的传真?

You received a fax from Mr.White of ABC Company,but the fax has been muddled.What will you do?

你收到了 ABC 公司怀特先生发来的传真,但传真模糊不清,你该怎么办?

Should I acknowledge receipt of this fax?

我需不需要告知他们,说我们已经收到了传真?

code number 电话号码

Is this the code number of the receiver?

这是接收者的电话号码吗?

Could you help me put on the code number of our company,please?

请您帮我把我们公司的传真号加上。

PLS and ASAP In a telex,the operator usually uses PLS instead of the word “please”.

在电传中,打电传的人常用 PLS 来代替“请”这个词。

ASAP means “as soon as possible”.The operator only struck four keys so that it saved a lot of time.You know that a telex is charged according to time.

“ASAP”代表“as soon as possible”,接线员只打四个字母,这样可以节省时间。你知道电传是按时间计费的。

the price is/comes 价格是……

The price is one yuan and thirty fen a word for ordinary telegrams and two yuan and sixty fen for express telegrams.

普通的电报是每个词1.3元,加急的是2.6元。

In that case,you ve got twenty words in all.The price comes to fifty two yuan.

那样,你总共有二十个单词,需要52元。

If you send your cable full rate,the price is 20 cents per word,minimum charge one dollar;if it s urgent,the rate will be doubled.

如果发全价电报的话,每个单词20分,最低一美元,如果加急的话,价格加倍。

Thank you for waiting,Miss.The price is 69yuan.Overseas fax rates are 19yuan per minute with a minimum three minutes charge.

小姐,谢谢您耐心地等候,共69元,越洋传真是每分钟19元,最低三分钟起价。

be busy/engaged 占线

I tried,sir,but the fax line has been busy for the last ten minutes.

我试过了,先生,但是这十分钟对方的传真都占线。

The fax line is engaged.

传真机占线。

The fax line is busy.

传真机占线。

fax machine problem 有关传真机的问题

The fax machine is out of order.

传真机失灵。

There is something wrong with the fax machine.

传真机出了点问题。

The fax machine has broken down.

传真机坏了。

The fax has been muddled.

传真模糊。

The fax machine is under repair.

传真机正在修理。

I have called someone to have the fax machine repaired.

我已经叫人来修理传真机了。

I ll see whether there is another fax line.

我来看看是否有其他的传真线。

A:Hi,Mary.Can you help me work out the telex I got just a moment ago?

嗨,玛丽。您能帮我对刚才收到的电传解释一下吗?

B:Sure.Where is it?

行呀。电传在哪里?

A:Here you are.You see.What does this PLS mean?

给。瞧!PLS 是什么意思?

B:Well,in a telex,the operator usually uses PLS instead of the word “please”.

唔,在电传中,打电传的人常用 PLS 来代替“请”这个词。

A:Oh,then this TKS means “thanks”.Am I right?

哦,那么TKS 就是“多谢”了。对吗?

B:Exactly! You re very clever.

完全正确,你真聪明。

A:I just guessed.But what does ASAP mean?

我猜的呀。可是 ASAP 是什么意思呀?

B:ASAP means “as soon as possible”.The operator only struck four keys so that it saved a lot of time.You know that a telex is charged according to time.

ASAP 就是词组“尽快”的意思。打电传时只要按下4个键,这样可以节省许多时间吗。你知道电传是按时间计费的。

A:In that case RYT means the phrase regarding your telex?

既然这样 PYT 就是词组 “关于你方电传”了?

B:You re right again.You shouldn t have to worry about telex messages.The more you read the more you can understand.I suggest you read some books about how to write good telex messages if you have time.

这回又对啦。你对电文不必担忧。你看得越多就懂得越多。我建议你如果有时间的话多读一些关于怎样写好电传电文的书籍。

A:I will.And thank you very much for your help.

我会的。谢谢您的帮助。

B:You re welcome.

别客气。

Making and Receiving a Phone Call

打电话和接电话

speak to... 和……通话

I d like to speak to Mr.Zhang of the National Bank.

我想同国家银行的张先生通个电话。

May I speak to Mr.Johnson,please?

我想请约翰逊先生听电话好吗?

Who do you want to speak to?

你要跟谁讲话?

I d like to speak to someone in the Personnel Department.

我要跟人事处的人讲话。

got a wrong number 打错电话了

I m afraid you ve got a wrong number.

对不起,你拨错号码了。

I m sorry,but I think you must have the wrong number.

对不起,我想你一定是打错了。

Oh,I m sorry,I must have dialed the wrong number.

噢,对不起,我可能拨错了号码。

You must have the wrong number.

你一定是弄错号码了。

Will you check the number again,please?

请您再核对一下电话号码,好吗?

I ve given you a wrong number.

我给错电话号码了。

I m afraid you have the wrong number.

我想您打错了。

I suggest you look in the phone book.

我建议您查一下电话簿。

hold up 等候

Are you still on the line?

您没挂断吧?

Could you hold a little longer?

您能再多等一会儿吗?

Will you hold the line? Miss Stewart is on another line,and she should be finished in a moment.

您能稍等会儿吗? 斯图尔特小姐正在打电话,她应该马上就好。

Mr.Zhou,will you hold the line,please?

周先生,请稍等一会好吗?

Hold on and I ll transfer you.

稍候,我帮您转过去。

Would you mind waiting a few minutes?

您等一会儿好吗?

One moment.

稍等。

Please hold for a moment.

请稍等一会儿。

Just a moment.

稍等一下。

I m sorry to have kept you waiting.

很抱歉让您久等了。

Would you wait a moment,please?

请稍等,好吗?

Hold the line please?

请稍等。

Would you hold the line,please?I will find out his number for you.

请您不要挂断,我替您找他的号码。

Hold the line a moment,I ll connect you.

别挂断,我帮您接。

Hang on a moment,please.

请稍等一下。

Hold the line.I ll see if he s in.

请不要挂断,我去看看他在不在。

get on/put through 接通

Would you get him on the phone,please?

请您帮我接通他的电话,好吗?

Would you put me through to Mr.Zhang please?

请给我接张先生,好吗?

Would you put me through to the international operator,please?

请帮我接通国际长途电话接线员。

Would you put me through to the general manager,please?

请接通总经理的电话,好吗?

Put him through,please.

请把他的电话接进来。

Could you put the call through for me?

您能为我接通这个电话吗?

I will transfer this call to Mr.Chen.

我把这个电话转给陈先生。

take a message 转告/捎口信

I am sure that he will get the message.

我肯定会转告他的。

Can I tell him something for you?

我可以替你告诉他一些事情吗?

Would you like me to relay a message for you?

要我替你传话吗?

Would you like to leave a message on his voice mail,then?

那您要不要在他的语音信箱里留话?

I m not available to take your call,but please leave your name,number and a brief message.

我现在不方便接您的电话,但请您留下您的姓名、电话号码和简短留言。

Please ask him to call Zhang Ming as soon as he gets in.

他一来就请他给张明打个电话。

Please make sure he receives the message.

请确定他会接到留言。

If anyone calls while I m out,please make a note for me.

如果有人在我出去的时候打电话找我,请帮我留言。

Could you take a message,please?

能不能为我留下话?

I ll give him the message.

我会转告他。

I wonder if you could give Mr.Wang a message for me?

您能不能替我给王先生带个口信?

May I have him call you back?

要我请他回您电话吗?

Would you please take a message?

请您代我留话好吗?

Would you like to leave any message?

您要留话吗?

Would you please tell him to give me a ring when he s back?

请转告他,请他回来时给我打个电话好吗?

May I let him know who s calling?

我要让他知道是谁打来的电话吗?

dial extension 转分机

May I have extension 245,please?

请转分机 245,好吗?

Please give me extension number 225.

请接分机225。

pardon 再说一遍

I m sorry,could you repeat that,please?

对不起,请再说一遍,好吗?

I beg your pardon? Miss who?

对不起,你说谁?

being absence of the called person 被叫人不在

When can I expect his call?

他什么时候才能给我回电话?

Could you tell me where I can reach her?

请告诉我哪里可以找到她?

Is there anyone else who can help me with this?

有没有其他的人能帮我做这件事?

She s be back around five o clock.

她5点钟左右会回来。

I m sorry,but I m not sure when she ll be back.

对不起,我不知道她什么时候回来。

Could you please call 39876543? He s at that number now.

请打39876543的电话,他现在在那个地方。

The number you are dialling is not in service.

你拨的电话不在服务区。

Mr.Wang is not in now.

王先生现在不在。

He has not come in yet.

他还没有来。

He has gone home.

他已经回家去了。

He is attending a conference now.

他正在开会。

If you leave your name and number,I ll have him call you back as soon as he s available.

如果您留下姓名和电话号码,他一回来,我就叫他给您回电话。

Should I tell him you ll call back,or do you want him to call you?

您是等会儿再打来呢,还是要他打给您?

Could you possibly ask him to call me back?

您可以叫他给我回个电话吗?

Would you like to speak to someone else in the office?

您想找办公室里的其他人讲话吗?

This is an emergency.Please tell him as soon as possible.

事情很急,请尽快通知他。

I am sorry Mr.Chen is unavailable,would you like to speak to anyone else?

对不起,陈先生不在,您要不要跟其他人讲话?

He is speaking on another phone.

他正在打电话。

finishing calling 结束通话

Oh,Mary,I d better go now.

噢,玛丽,我要挂电话了。

OK.I ll let you get back to your work.

好,你继续工作吧。

I ll call you again later,OK?

我过一会儿再打给你,好吗?

Call me at home.

打到我家来。

Certainly,I ll make sure he gets your message.

当然,我一定会转达您的话。

Oh,somebody s at the door.I have to go.

噢,有人来了,我得去开门。

And I have to say “goodbye”.

我不得不说再见了。

Nice talking to you.

很高兴跟您通话。

Same here,byebye.

我也是,再见。

I ll think about it and call you back to discuss it to some details soon.

我考虑一下,然后尽快打电话给您,具体讨论这件事。

I ll be looking forward to hearing from you.

我期盼您的回音。

A:Well,Lucy,were you tired after your first day here?

露西,昨天第一天上班,觉得累不累?

B:Yes,I was.There were so many new things to learn.(telephone rings)

是的,有点累。有那么多新东西要学。(电话铃响了)

A:You answer it.

你来接。

B:Good morning.

早上好!

A:(whispering) Mr.Smith s office.

(小声说)这是史密斯先生的办公室。

B:Oh,Mr.Smith s office.

哦,这是史密斯先生的办公室。

C:Is Mr.Smith there?

史密斯先生在吗?

B:No,he s out...(whispering) oh,dear,what have I said.

不,他不在,(小声说)哦,天哪,我都说了些什么呀!

A:(whispering) Let me take the call,Lucy.

(小声说)露西,让我来接电话。

Good morning,can I help you?

早上好!我能为您效劳吗?

C:Well,I wanted to speak to Mr.Smith but I understand he s out.

我想和史密斯先生通话,但我已经知道他不在了。

A:May I know who calling please?

请问您是哪位?

C:This is Mrs.Smith.Do you know where my husband is?

我是史密斯太太。你知道我丈夫去哪儿了吗?

A:Oh,hello,Mrs.Smith.This is Mary.

你好! 史密斯太太,我是玛丽。

C:Hello,Mary.I didn t recognize your voice.Was it you who answered the phone?

你好! 玛丽。我刚才没听出是你,刚才是你接的电话吗?

A:No,that was Lucy.

不是我,刚才是露西接的电话。

C:Lucy?

露西是谁?

A:Yes,she s the new junior secretary.She started work here yesterday.

她是新来的初级秘书,她昨天才开始工作。

C:Oh,I see.Do you know where Mr.Smith is,Mary? It s rather urgent.

哦,我知道了。玛丽,你知道史密斯先生去哪儿了吗?我有急事找他。

A:Oh yes,of course,Mrs.Smith.If you give me the message,I ll contact him immediately.

是的,我知道,史密斯太太。您可以告诉我,我会立即同他联系。

C:Well,the problem is this:My car won t start and I should collect my daughter from school at a quarter past twelve.I want Mr.Smith to collect her for me on his way home at lunchtime.It nearly twelve o clock now...do you think you can get the message to him in time?

好的,事情是这样的。我的车坏了,但是我要在12∶15去学校接我女儿。我想让史密斯先生回家吃午饭的时候顺路去接我们的女儿。现在已经快12点了,你能及时把口信带给史密斯先生吗?

A:Yes,of course,Mrs.Smith.

当然可以,史密斯太太。

C:Thank you,Mary.Goodbye.

谢谢你,玛丽。再见。

A:Goodbye,Mrs.Smith.

再见,史密斯太太。

(to Lucy) That was Mrs.Smith on the phone,Lucy.Her car won t start and so she wants Mr.Smith to collect their daughter from school.Oh,do you remember where Mr.Smith said he was going?

(对露西说)是史密斯太太的电话。她的车坏了,所以他想让史密斯先生去学校接他们的女儿。对了,你还记得史密斯先生说他去哪了吗?

B:No,I don t.

不记得了。

A:You must always make note of things like that,Lucy.He said he was going to see Mr.Li at the New York Development Corporation.

露西,像这些事你都应该记下来。他说他去纽约发展公司的李先生那了。

B:Oh,yes,so he did.

是的,他去那了。

A:Now listen carefully to what I say.You will then know how to pass on a message like this by yourself next time.Er,what s the telephone number of the New York Development Corporation?

现在仔细听我是怎么说的。你就知道下次怎样自己转交留言了。纽约发展公司的电话号码是多少?

B:Em...32185.

嗯,32185。

(dials the number)

(拨电话号码)

D:Good morning.This is Mr.Li s office.

早上好,这里是李先生的办公室。

A:Oh,good morning.I have a message for Mr.Smith.I think he s with Mr.Li.

早上好,我有一个口信要带给史密斯先生。我想他正和李先生在一起。

D:Yes,he s with Mr.Li now.

是的,他在这。

A:Well,would you please ask him if I could speak to him for a moment? I have an urgent message for him.

请您问问他我能否和他说几句话,我有急事找他。

D:Yes,certainly.Hold the line,please.

可以,请别挂电话。

A:Thank you.

谢谢您。

Arrangement安排

arrange 安排

We also arrange a day for you to have a city tour and go shopping.

我们还为您安排了一天时间观光和购物。

Buses have been arranged to take representatives back to hotel after the meeting.

已经安排好在会后用车子把代表们送回酒店。

Mary,the meeting is scheduled from 3∶00 this afternoon.

玛丽,会议定在今在下午3点钟。

Have you made the necessary arrangements?

你都安排好了吗?

I ve arranged for an interpreter to be present.

我已经安排了一位口译员。

I d like to enquire you about the arrangements of the meeting this afternoon.

我想询问一下有关今天下午会议的安排情况。

How would you arrange the guests seats,Mary?

你怎么安排来宾就坐呢,玛丽?

We have arranged for you and your friends to have dinner with our manager,Mr Sun,at twelve o clock today.

今天12点我们已安排您和您的朋友们与我们经理孙先生一起共进午餐。

And we ve arranged for a car to come to pick you up at half past eleven.

我们已经安排了一辆汽车在11点半来接您。

schedule 计划,日程表

According to our schedule,the visit begin at 9∶00 in the morning.

根据我们的计划,参观在上午9点开始。

I m afraid we ll have a busy schedule today.

恐怕我们今天的日程安排得很紧张。

I ll arrange the shopping in the schedule.

我将把购物安排在日程表上。

It s just the matter of the schedule,that is,if it is convenient for you right now.

如果你现在方便的话,我想讨论一下日程安排的问题。

We ve arranged our schedule without any trouble.

我们已经很顺利地把活动日程安排好了。

Here s a schedule we ve prepared.

这是我们准备好的日程表。

I have arranged your schedule.I hope it s suitable.

我已经为您安排好了日程,希望安排恰当。

This is the schedule for you,Mrs.Watson.Mr.Chen from our department will take care of you.

沃森太太,这是为您准备的日程表。本部门的陈先生负责接待您。

Let s go over tomorrow s schedule.

让我们讨论一下明天的日程吧。

Do you mind if we talk about your schedule from tomorrow?

我们谈谈你明天以后的日程好吗?

I m sorry,Mr.White has a full schedule this week.

对不起,怀特先生本星期日程全排满了。

shall/will 将要

The ship left Switzerland two weeks ago.It should arrive on Saturday.

这艘船两个星期前就离开瑞士了,应该在星期六到。

We will have a talk with Mr.Smith this afternoon after the meeting.

在今天下午会议结束后我们同史密斯先生有一个会谈。

I will telephone you on Tuesday morning to ask if the shipment is ready for collection.

等到星期二上午我再打电话来看我们是否能提货。

Is there any way of ensuring we will have enough time for our talks?

有办法保证我们有充足的时间谈判吗?

We will leave some evenings free,if it is all right with you.

如果你们愿意的话,我们想留几个晚上供你们自由支配。

We really wish you will have a pleased stay here.

我们真诚地希望你们在这里过得愉快。

It will be easier for us to get down to facts then.

那么就容易进行实质性的谈判了。

If all goes well,we will be able to wind up our talks on Friday.

如果顺利,我们将于星期五结束谈判。

A:Good morning,Mr.Watt.Would you like me to give you the rundown of your itinerary now?

早晨好,瓦特先生。我现在向您简略报告一下您的日程,好吗?

B:Yes.Please come in,Anne.

好。请进来,安妮。

A:Mr.Watt.You will arrive at J.F.Kennedy Airport on July 10th and I ve booked you into the Holiday Inn Hotel in Manhattan...

瓦特先生,7月10日您会飞抵肯尼迪机场,我已为您订了曼哈顿的假日酒店……

B:Wait,Anne.Did you tell me yesterday that you would book the Hilton Hotel for me?

等等,安妮,昨天你不是说会为我订希尔顿酒店吗?

A:Yes,but I m sorry to say that it s fully booked,so I chose one in the same class for you.Will it be okay?

是的,但很抱歉该酒店房间已订满,所以我为您选了一间同级酒店,这样安排可以吗?

B:Fine,thanks.Please go on.

好的,谢谢。请继续。

A:During the next two days,you will go to the Convention Hall to visit the fair.On July 14th,you ll have a meeting with Mr Hans in the morning and Ms Johnson in the afternoon.Here re their address and telephone numbers.The next day you ll fly back home.

接下来的两天,您将到会议中心参观展览。在7月14日,早上要与汉斯先生会面,下午与约翰逊小姐会面。这是他们的联络地址及电话号码。第二天,您便搭机回家。

B:Very good,Anne.I think you ve applied the petty cash for my trip,haven t you?

非常好,安妮。我想你已为我申请了旅程中需要的零用钱吧?

A:Yes,I did.Here it is.

有的,这就是了。

B:Thank you.In addition,please send a fax to our US office informing Mr.Li about my schedule.So that he may contact me during my stay in the USA.

谢谢。另外,请发一份传真给美国办事处的李先生,将我的日程通知他,以便我在美国时与我联络。

A:Of course,sir.I ll send it right away.

当然,先生。我马上发。

Making an Appointment约见

make/keep/arrange an appointment 约见

I d like to make an appointment with Mr.Smith.

我想约见史密斯先生。

Mr.Zhang has made an appointment with your director.I m ringing you up to confirm it.

张先生与你们司长约定了时间,我打电话是想确认一下。

Sorry,Mr.Jackson has some unexpected business to attend to,and won t be able to make your appointment this evening.But he d be glad to see you at the same time the day after tomorrow.Would that be alright?

很抱歉,杰克逊先生突然有事,今晚不能见您了。但他很高兴在后天的同一时间见您,您看行吗?

I made the appointment the other day.

前几天我就约了见面的时间。

I d like to make an appointment with Dr.Cooper.Could you arrange it for me?

我想和库伯医生约个时间,请您给安排一下好吗?

I wonder if I could make an appointment with Mr.Cooper at 4∶00 tomorrow

afternoon?

我想知道明天下午4点能见一下库伯先生吗?

I m sorry,Mr.Lee,something has come up and I won t be able to keep my

appointment with you on Monday afternoon.

对不起,李先生,出了一点事,星期一下午和你的约会我不能去了。

I m sorry I can t keep our appointment because something unexpected has come up.

对不起,我们的约会我不能去了,因为出了一点意外的事。

I d like to make an appointment to see Mr.Smith next week while I m in Beijing.

我想下周我去北京时和史密斯先生见见面。

I ll check Mr.Smith s diary and see if I can arrange an appointment for you.

我查一下史密斯先生的记事簿,看看能否给您安排一次见面。

Please decide which appointment you prefer.I have no preference.

请决定你喜欢哪个约会。我哪个都可以。

expect sb. 等待某人

Not for my particular time,but he s expecting me this morning.

没有确定具体时间,可他今天上午会等我的。

We ll be expecting you then.

我们将恭候您的光临。

Mr.Smith will be expecting Mr.Li at that time.

到时候史密斯先生会等候李先生。

be available 有空,有时间

Mr.Smith,I d like to discuss with you something about our draft contract.Will you be available this afternoon?

史密斯先生,我想同您商量一下我们的合同草案。今天下午行吗?

I m sorry he won t be available by then.

很抱歉,他那时没空。

Mr.Wilson won t be available next Monday until 10∶30.Would that be all right?

下周一威尔逊先生直到10点半才有空。10点半好吗?

(be) convenient/free 合适,方便

When will it be convenient for him?

什么时候对他合适?

What is the most convenient time for you?

什么时候你最方便?

There is something I d like to talk over with you.I wonder if you are free this

afternoon.

有件事我得找您详谈,我想知道您今天下午有空吗?

I want to have a talk with you about the plan.What time would be convenient for you?

我想找您谈一谈有关计划的事。您什么时间方便?

I wonder whether it would be convenient to meet you tomorrow.

我想知道明天见您是否方便。

I d like to see you sometime this week.What time would be convenient for you?

这个星期我想拜访您。什么时间对您方便?

If you are free on Tuesday evening,our manager would like to invite you to a dinner.

星期二晚上您如果有空的话,我们的经理想邀请您共进晚餐。

I d like to see you at your earliest possible convenience.

如果方便的话,我想尽早去见您。

Would that be convenient for you?

对您来说,方便吗?

Our manager,Mr.Wang,wants me to let you know he is free next Monday.

我们经理王先生想让我告诉您,他下周一有空。

He s fully booked up these coming three days.What about Friday? He s got an hour free from 1∶00 to 2∶00.

最近三天他都没空,星期五怎么样? 那天他一点到两点之间有空。

receive/meet sb. 接待某人

He regrets he won t be able to receive Mr.Smith tomorrow afternoon.He ll be

engaged the whole afternoon.

他很抱歉明天下午不能接待史密斯先生,他整个下午都有事。

And finally,for this very afternoon,the vicemayor of the city who is in charge of foreign trade will meet you at his office at 3o clock.

最后一件事,就是今天下午,我市主管经贸的副市长下午3点钟在他的办公室接见你们。

get together 聚会

Could we get together and discuss it a little more?

我们能不能聚在一起,再多讨论一下这件事?

We will get together with our American guests next week.

下周我们将和美国客人聚会。

take up 占用(时间)

I know you re extremely busy,so I won t take up too much of your time.I ll make a long story short.

我知道您很忙,我不想占用您太多的时间,我将长话短说。

confirm/verify/make sure the reservation/meeting/that... 确定预约

I would like to confirm my reservation.

我想确认我的预约。

Can you confirm that the meeting is at 9∶00 a.m.?

你能否确认一下,开会的时间是早上9点吗?

I just want to confirm that the arrangements have been made.

我要确认所有计划都安排好了。

Call him to verify the meeting.

致电与他确定约会。

Can you make sure that we can meet your boss tomorrow?

你能确定我们明天可以与您的上司见面吗?

change the appointment time 改变约会时间

I wonder if we could change the date of the meeting to sometime later in the week,say,Thursday.

我想知道,我们能否把会面的日期改到这个星期的晚些时候,比如说,星期四。

I wonder if we could change the time of our appointment to sometime early next week.

我想知道,我们能否把我们的约会时间改到下周早些时候。

I have to postpone our appointment.

我不得不把我们的约会延期。

Is it convenient to change our appointment from Friday to Sunday,at the same time?

不知能否将我们的约会由周五改到周日,时间不变?

cancel the arrangement/reservation/plan 取消约会/预约/计划

I m calling to know if it would be at all possible to cancel our reservation.

我打电话想知道我们的预约是否有可能取消。

I need to cancel my reservation.

我要取消我的预约。

I m afraid I have to cancel my reservation.

恐怕我要取消我的预订。

I want to cancel my reservation.

我要取消我的预订。

Is it too late to cancel our plans?

现在取消我们的计划是否太迟了?

Mr.Carmen had to cancel all his appointments.I hope you ll understand.

卡门先生不得不取消他所有的约会,希望您能谅解。

suit/be right 合适

Would Friday morning be all right for you?

星期五上午对您合适吗?

Would Wednesday afternoon suit you?

星期三下午对您合适吗?

Any time tomorrow would suit me.

明天什么时候对我都合适。

Any time except Monday would be all right.

除了星期一之外,哪天都行。

pick sb. up 接(某人)

I ll come to pick you up at 8∶30 on Saturday morning.

星期六上午8∶30我开车来接您。

Why don t I pick you up at your house?

我去您的住处接您不好吗?

I ll pick you up at your office at 5∶30.

我 5∶30 到你办公室接您。

book up/filled (时间)排满

Tomorrow morning is all booked up.

明天早晨的预约都排满了。

All the appointments are filled.

所有的预约时间都排满了。

invite sb. to do 邀请某人做某事

We have also invited some of the government officials to be present at the

dinner,so that you can find out something about the policies.

我们还邀请了一些政府官员到场,以便您可以了解一些政策信息。

We are pleased to advise you that our trade delegation will be visiting your country next month at the invitation of your company.

非常高兴地通知您,我们的贸易代表团应贵公司的邀请下月将访问贵国。

I come here to invite you to attend a symposium tomorrow.

我来邀请您参加明天的专题讨论会。

Please do accept our invitation.

请一定接受我们的邀请。

Would you honor us with a visit under our invitation.

如蒙光临,将不胜荣幸。

We d like to invite you over for dinner this Saturday evening.

我们想邀请您这个星期六晚上来吃饭。

make it 做到

Could I possibly make it in the afternoon?

那我可不可以约在下午?

Let s make it nine o clock Friday morning.

那就定在周五上午9点钟。

Could you make it other time?

您可以约别的时间吗?

Let s make it four o clock sharp.

我们约好4点整吧。

Could you make it some other time?

可以约别的时间吗?

Can you make it another day?

改天行吗?

A:Good afternoon.This is Dennis Lee of A.B.C.Industries calling.Could I talk to Mr.Smith?

下午好。我是A.B.C.实业公司的丹尼斯·李。可以请史密斯先生听电话吗?

B:Speaking.How are you,Mr.Lee?

我是。李先生您好?

A:Fine,thanks.And you?

很好,谢谢。您好吗?

B:I m fine too.

我也很好。

A:Mr.Smith,regarding that project,I find it hard to explain over the phone.It would be easier if we could have a face to face discussion.I m calling to see if it s possible for you to meet me sometime tomorrow morning.

史密斯先生,关于那个项目,我感到电话里难以解释清楚。如我与您当面讨论,会简单一些。我给您打电话是想看看明天上午您能不能约个时间与我见个面。

B:I think we should have a detailed study of it.Would it be convenient for you to come in at 10∶00 tomorrow morning.

我也认为我们应该仔细研究一下。明天上午10∶00 您过来方便吗?Can we make it a little earlier? Because I have another appointment at 11∶30 a.m.tomorrow.

能早一点吗? 明天早上11∶30 我还有另一个约会。

B:Let me check.Well,what about 9∶30?

我查一下,那9∶30 怎么样?

A:That will be fine.By the way,which exit of Central Subway Station is nearer to your office building?

好。顺便问一下,中环地铁站哪个出口离您办公室大楼近一些?

B:Take No.1.It s next door to our main gate.

走1号门,就在我们大门隔壁。

A:Thank you.See you then.

谢谢您。回头见。

同类推荐
  • 双语学习丛书-故乡情怀

    双语学习丛书-故乡情怀

    流淌心灵的隽语,记忆的箴言,在双语的世界里,感受英语学习的乐趣,体会英语学习的奥妙,提高英语学习的能力!丛书包括:爱的交融、财富精英、成长课堂、醇香母爱、父爱如山、故乡情怀、节日趣闻、快乐心语、浪漫往昔等故事。
  • 英语PARTY——袋鼠之国·澳大利亚

    英语PARTY——袋鼠之国·澳大利亚

    本套书籍带你领略英语世界风景,感悟英语学习氛围,有助于英语学习。
  • 八月之光

    八月之光

    女主人公丽娜·格罗夫,一个即将临盆的姑娘千里寻夫抵达杰佛生镇(福克纳以家乡密西西比州拉菲叶县为原型虚构的小镇),老父病故,丽娜唯一的亲人哥嫂一家也因其尴尬处境将她拒之门外;而丽娜费尽周折所要寻找的卢卡斯?伯奇不过是个无足轻重的骗子,他正极力躲避姑娘的追寻。小说的另一线索是作为白人居住在杰佛生镇的乔?克里斯默斯因奸杀白人老处女乔安娜·伯顿,他身上所具有的黑人血统已逐渐败露,终于惨遭屠戮。
  • 美国公民读本(彩色英文版+中文翻译阅读)

    美国公民读本(彩色英文版+中文翻译阅读)

    我希望这本书能实现双重功能:一方面能提供阅读练习,同时又能向读者提供一些知识;只要我们持之以恒地从书中汲取养分,而不是零星地、断断续续地这样做,那么这样的阅读可能会很有意义。我也希望本书能对老师在这些方面提供帮助,成为新的教学方式的核心,此类教学工作围绕它来进行。当然,每位老师都要以适合自己的方式来加以运用。我无意创作一部介绍公民学或研究美国历史的鸿篇巨著,而只是对我们政府的体制进行了概要描述,留给老师在其中填充血肉,并因地制宜地用于教学。至于历史,那似乎在了解特定的现存制度时才显得有用。倘若文中简洁的历史论述足以阐明政府的各方面主题,同时又能激发读者更广泛阅读,那么作者就非常满足了。
  • 英语情态卫星副词与语篇中的情态补充

    英语情态卫星副词与语篇中的情态补充

    本书力图在系统功能语言学的人际元功能框架下,通过定性定量的综合法探讨英语语篇中的情态卫星副词和情态补充。
热门推荐
  • 都市界皇

    都市界皇

    他从未知界面而来持天书,闯都市、拥美女、寻机缘、从乡下小子一步一步变成万界界皇,界王也是我的手下,天道也可弑,大道亦可杀,寻道巅峰,寻找仇敌,创界王之路。
  • 记得爱曾来过

    记得爱曾来过

    在你的青春里,是否有着这样一个男生。他的一举一动都隐隐的牵动着你的每一根神经。这一路上,我的自信。我的自以为是。我的执念,也渐渐消失在这条路的尽头。在那个夏天后,我该也清醒了。“恨吗?”??恨,恨他,恨他对我的感情视而不见。也恨我,恨我的懦弱,和那放不下的心。??“爱吗?”??不爱了。??一段铭心的爱恋,究竟要走过多少年华,错失多少良人,才能换来那一句风轻云淡的“不爱了”。我爱你,我恨你,仅一字之差。
  • 农村法律法规常识——减轻农民负担法律法规

    农村法律法规常识——减轻农民负担法律法规

    法律法规,指中华人民共和国现行有效的法律、行政法规、司法解释、地方法规、地方规章、部门规章及其他规范性文件以及对于该等法律法规的不时修改和补充。其中,法律有广义、狭义两种理解。广义上讲,法律泛指一切规范性文件;狭义上讲,仅指全国人大及其常委会制定的规范性文件。在与法规等一起谈时,法律是指狭义上的法律。法规则主要指行政法规、地方性法规、民族自治法规及经济特区法规等。
  • 听说你和我

    听说你和我

    我,一个胸无大志的都市上班女,从小就学习科学技术这门课程的三好少年,竟然被一个忍者打破了所有规则,好好好,你会忍术了不起,但是我可是有比忍术还要了不起的东西啊。
  • 灵异杂志社

    灵异杂志社

    没有进入灵异杂志社之前,袁凌以为【灵异】的人只是脑洞开的大了一点,所以出版的杂志全部是以灵异事件为主。万万没想到……在袁凌面前,小猫变狐狸,狐狸又成了活生生的人,还是俊无比美的男人,这下淡定不了了。自那以后,灵异事件满天飞,异类物种满街跑,可是为什么?为什么连神话人物都出来!!!惊吓过度的袁凌无奈伸手扶墙,喃喃自语:“别理我,我想静静……”
  • 女尊我来了

    女尊我来了

    对女尊国的向往。。。使她终于有一天来到了女尊世界。。。和众美男的邂逅之路使她认为生活是就像梦想中那么悠闲美好。。。然而老头所说的‘任务事件‘却不知为何事。。。她该如何应对那些多疑而又复杂的生活呢!!??那么接下来大家就敬请关注吧。。。
  • 真假之情:谁是最信任的人

    真假之情:谁是最信任的人

    两位美艳绝伦、天真烂漫的姐妹,感情更是情深似海,形影不离。但感情是如此的脆弱,谁也不知道经历长久打磨的感情会受到背叛,为了得到不属于自己的爱情,她不惜放弃感情算计妹妹,她机关算尽,只有单纯的妹妹被蒙在鼓里,就因为自己的善良与靡颜腻理的美貌结合,给自己带来了姐姐的杀身之祸。他,全校瞩目的校草也是她的初恋,在危险的时候,她救了他,可是莫名其妙的被他误以为是别人,在她不知所措的时候,是谁帮助了她呢?她命运中的那个王子又会是哪位校草呢?
  • 未来末日世界

    未来末日世界

    这是2050年。末日之前,叶尘是个宅男,窝在家里沉迷射击游戏。末日之后,叶尘是个幸存下来的末世人。末日降临,可怕的不只是各种活尸,更有人心。
  • 逆战:求生之路

    逆战:求生之路

    我们自宇宙诞生而来,自然要在宇宙中灭亡。然而我们并不能毁灭在自己的手中,无论如何我们要活下去!面对生存,我们要不择手段,尤其是在这个丧尸遍布的星球。我们一定要将命运牢牢的掌握在自己手中!
  • 我的超能力表妹

    我的超能力表妹

    我家的表妹,就是胸大!腿长!皮肤白!还带超能力!